Netflix offers access to a good number of horror movies, making it a great streaming service for those looking to stream scary movies. For those unsure of what to watch, here are 15 of the best horror movies that you can stream on Netflix right now.
- Runtime: 1h 38m | Starring: Yoo Ah-in, Park Shin-hye
#Alive tells the story of Oh Joon-woo, a gamer who stays locked inside his apartment after a virus rampages the city and turns everyone into zombies. Definitely one for fans of zombie movies to check out.
A Classic Horror Story (2021)
- Runtime: 1h 35m | Starring: Matilda Lutz, Francesco Russo, Peppino Mazzotta
A Classic Horror Story centers on five strangers who become stranded in the woods while traveling in southern Italy and find themselves having to fight for their survival.
- Runtime: 2h 9m | Starring: Dan Stevens, Lucy Boynton, Michael Sheen
If you prefer your movies set in the past, Apostle sees a drifter in 1905 attempting to rescue his kidnapped sister from a sinister religious cult on an isolated island.
Blood Red Sky (2021)
- Runtime: 2h 3m | Starring: Peri Baumeister, Alexander Scheer, Kais Setti
Blood Red Sky sees a group of terrorists hijack an overnight transatlantic flight. However, they did not expect a mysteriously ill woman with a monstrous secret to be on board.
Choose or Die (2022)
- Runtime: 1h 25m | Starring: Iola Evans, Asa Butterfield, Eddie Marsan
A mysterious 1980s video game forced players to make decisions. When two modern era gamers play the game in an attempt to win the unclaimed prize money, they find that those decisions extend to the real world.
Fear Street Trilogy (2021)
- Runtime: 1h 47m | Starring: Kiana Madeira, Olivia Scott Welch, Benjamin Flores Jr.
The Fear Street Trilogy is actually three movies set over different years, so you’re getting a three-for-one here. Fear Street Part 1: 1994 tells the story of a teen and her friends who find themselves taking on an evil force that’s plagued their notorious town for centuries.
Get Out (2017)
- Runtime: 1h 44m | Starring: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Catherine Keener
Meeting the parents of a partner can be an awkward experience at the best of times, but Chris finds there are more sinister reasons to be worried about his girlfriend’s parents.
His Home (2020)
- Runtime: 1h 33m | Starring: Sope Dirisu, Wunmi Mosaku, Matt Smith
While a young couple seeking asylum and a fresh start in England were expecting some challenges, they weren’t expecting to have to deal with a sinister force living in their new home.
I See You (2019)
- Runtime: 1h 38m | Starring: Helen Hunt, Jon Tenney, Judah Lewis
While searching for a missing child, a small-town detective finds he has to deal with an issue much closer to home. A malicious presence issue.
Mr. Harrigan’s Phone (2022)
- Runtime: 1h 46m | Starring: Jaeden Martell, Donald Sutherland, Joe Tippett
Based on the Mr. Harrigan’s Phone novella from Stephen King’s If It Bleeds, this movie tells the story of a bond so strong that it refuses to die, in part thanks to the release of the very first iPhone.
The Pope’s Exorcist (2023)
- Runtime: 1h 43m | Starring: Russell Crowe, Daniel Zovatto, Alex Essoe
While Father Gabriele Amorth has seen a lot during his time as the Vatican’s chief exorcist, what he faces this time around is unlike, and much stronger, than anything he faced in the past.
Note: The Pope’s Exorcist is not currently available to those signed up to the Standard with ads plan.
The Ritual (2018)
- Runtime: 1h 34m | Starring: Arsher Ali, Rob James-Collier, Rafe Spall
The Ritual sees four friends having to deal with an ancient evil, and their strained relationship with each other, while navigating the Swedish wilderness in this spooky thriller.
The Silence (2019)
- Runtime: 1h 30m | Starring: Stanley Tucci, Kiernan Shipka, Miranda Otto
A family seeking refuge outside a city end up encountering a mysterious cult, all while the world is under attack by deadly creatures who hunt by sound.
- Runtime: 1h 56m | Starring: Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss
Us sees a family vacation turn into something very different when the family’s doppelgängers suddenly turn up at the beachfront home.
Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (2023)
- Runtime: 2h 9m | Starring: Eiji Akaso, Mai Shiraishi, Shuntaro Yanagi
Based on the manga series written by Haro Aso, Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead tells the story of a young man who finds himself more alive than ever following a zombie outbreak.
Bonus horror movies to watch on Netflix
If none of the movies listed above caught your interest, here’s another 20 horror movies you can stream on Netflix right now.
- 47 Meters Down: Uncaged (2019)
- Aftermath (2021)
- Cadaver (2020)
- In the Tall Grass (2019)
- Lights Out (2016)
- Ma (2019)
- Malevolent (2018)
- Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight (2020)
- No One Gets Out Alive (2021)
- Ouija (2014)
- Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)
- Prom Night (2008)
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022)
- The Strangers (2008)
- The Whole Truth (2016)
- The Wretched (2019)
- There’s Someone Inside Your House (2021)
- Umma (2022)
- Unfriended (2014)
- Veronica (2017)
For those completely new to Netflix, a subscription costs between $6.99 and $19.99 a month. The $6.99 Standard with ads plan is an ad-supported plan, and it is possible that some movies won’t be available with this plan. For example, The Pope’s Exorcist and Prom Night are both currently unavailable to Standard with ads subscribers.
|$6.99-$22.99 a month|
Up to 4 streams