Fubo’s Android mobile app is in the process of receiving a new update that looks to improve the user experience through the addition of thumbnails for Video-on-Demand content, as well as support for Picture-in-Picture and Landscape modes.
As the latest version of the Android mobile app (v5.10.1) has only just started rolling out, it may take some time to reach all users and devices. This would appear to be an update worth waiting for, however, with Fubo’s Mike Berkley describing the latest version as “a significant milestone” for the live TV streaming service’s mobile app.
Here’s a summary of what’s new with v5.10.1:
- Picture-in-Picture Mode: now multitasking is a breeze! Enjoy Fubo content while navigating through your device with our new picture-in-picture mode. Whether you’re checking emails, browsing, or chatting, never miss a moment of your favorite teams & shows.
- Landscape Mode: flip your tablet and elevate your browsing experience with our new landscape mode. Perfect for navigating through the Fubo app on a larger screen and tablets, whether you’re exploring content categories, checking schedules, or managing your DVRs. Your browsing just got more versatile.
- Thumbnails for VOD: we’ve added thumbnails for Video-on-Demand (VOD) content, enhancing your ability to quickly identify and see your progress when scrubbing through a video. Navigate effortlessly through your favorite content and pick up right where you left off.
The Android mobile app update is only the latest to come from Fubo. Over the past six months Fubo has been regularly releasing new app versions for many of its supported platforms and devices. In November, for example, the Roku app was updated with support for background playing, faster fast-forwarding / rewinding, and more.
The second half of 2023 also saw similar updates rolling out to Android TV (including Google TV) and Fire TV devices. Not to mention, Fubo has been rolling out more general updates and upgrades to improve the user experience, and regardless of the device being used.
- New Apple TV+ Subscribers Can Get 2 Months Free Right Now - March 4, 2024
- Live TV Streaming Subscriber Tracker [Updated Q4 2023] - March 3, 2024
- Best Live TV Streaming Deals And Prices In March 2024 - March 2, 2024