Vizio’s WatchFree+ service has expanded once again, with the streaming service now offering smart TV owners access to more than 275 live channels, and over 15,000 on-demand movies and shows.
October was a busy month for WatchFree+. Not only did Vizio add more than 70 new titles as part of its Fall Premieres lineup, but users also gained access to the Golf Nation FAST channel and the NFL app. The latter of which also unlocked access to NFL+ without the need for any additional devices.
Today, Vizio confirmed that it has recently struct new distribution deals with BBC Studios, Magnolia Pictures and Paramount Global Content Distribution. All of which has also now contributed to the WatchFree+ library growing beyond 275 free streaming channels and more than 15,000 free on-demand titles.
The addition of the new studios also takes the overall number of studios and media companies WatchFree+ has agreements with to more than 20.
According to Vizio, new programming and features include:
- More than 400 on-demand episodes showcasing 30 unique BBC shows, and a selection of BBC Studios’ free channels including Antiques Roadshow UK, BBC Food, and Top Gear, with Classic Doctor Who coming soon.
- Select Paramount Pictures titles available every month until the end of the year, with various movies from the Star Trek franchise including Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek: First Contact and Star Trek: Insurrection and The Untouchables airing in November.
- 50 movies and 50 episodes from Magnolia Pictures, including popular titles like Conan O’Brien Can’t Stop, Bad Reputation and I Give It a Year.
- Vizio’s Branded Content Studio’s latest holiday premiere, Merry & Bright, hosted by American Idol’s Jordin Sparks.
- Newly launched Free Movie Network, Vizio’s latest curated channel on WatchFree+.
- Personalized entertainment with Vizio’s new geo-filtering feature that automatically displays live regional news, weather, and sports across 40 local channels from Cox Media Group, Fox, and Gray TV.
Vizio also explained that WatchFree+ is now the second most-watched ad-supported streaming service on the company’s platform, with monthly viewing hours having doubled year over year.
“Over the past year, we have remained steadfastly committed to enhancing and elevating the WatchFree+ entertainment experience,” said Katherine Pond, Group Vice President of Platform Content & Partnerships. “With an expansive library featuring more live channels and movies than ever before, enriched personalization with localization, and data-driven content discovery features, WatchFree+ continues to deliver the ultimate free entertainment destination for millions of Vizio consumers.”