If you’re already subscribed to Peacock then you already have access to a good selection of horror movies as part of your subscription. For those unsure of where to get started, here are 17 of the best horror movies currently available to stream on Peacock, and an additional 30 bonus mentions just in case.
Get Out (2017)
- Runtime: 1h 44m | Starring: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, LaKeith Stanfield, Lil Rel Howery, Catherine Keener, Caleb Landry Jones
In Jordan Peele’s directorial debut, Chris heads off for a weekend getaway to meet his girlfriend’s parents for the first time, but is everything at it seems?
- Runtime: 1h 49m | Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, James Jude Courtney, Dylan Arnold, Nick Castle, Judy Greer
There are plenty of Halloween franchise movies to watch, and 2018’s Halloween marks part one of David Gordon Green’s trilogy take on Michael Myers. So, if you do like this one, check out Halloween Kills and Halloween Ends as well.
Hell Fest (2018)
- Runtime: 1h 30m | Starring: Bex Taylor-Klaus, Amy Forsyth, Reign Edwards, Tony Todd, Roby Attal
Halloween theme parks are scary at the best of times, but imagine an actual costumed serial killer at one, and murdering visitors.
Last Shift (2014)
- Runtime: 1h 27m | Starring: Juliana Harkavy, Scott Poiley, Joshua Mikel, Natalie Victoria
Last Shift isn’t as much of a big budget movie as some of the others on this list, but we think it is one that’s worth checking out. The movie tells the story of Jessica, a rookie cop who’s first solo shift is in a police station that’s closing down.
- Runtime: 1h 49m | Starring: Anthony Perkins, Janet Leigh, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Pat Hitchcock
Alfred Hitchcock’s classic movie Psyho is always worth a watch. Tune in as Marion Crane stops for the night at the Bates Motel, the home of Norman Bates and mother.
- Runtime: 1h 23m | Starring: Gideon Adlon, Joel Courtney, Dylan Sprayberry, Marc Menchaca, Beth Million
Sick is one of those movies that probably wouldn’t have existed in an alternate universe, but after we’ve all experienced the recent pandemic, we can all relate to a quarantine-based horror movie.
Silent Hill (2006)
- Runtime: 2h 7m | Starring: Sean Bean, Radha Mitchell, Jodelle Ferland, Laurie Holden, Deborah Kara Unger, Alice Krige, Kim Coates
Based on the video game series, Silent Hill tells the sotry of a a mother and her adopted daughter who finds themselves in Silent Hill, a town enveloped in a living darkness.
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
- Runtime: 1h 33m | Starring: Marilyn Burns, Gunnar Hansen, Edwin Neal, Teri McMinn, Jim Siedow, Paul A. Partain
If you’re in the mood for a classic horror movie, how about the original The Texas Chain Saw Massacre? This 1974 classic sees five friends encounter a masked butcher while on a weekend getaway.
The Birds (1963)
- Runtime: 1h 59m | Starring: Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor, Jessica Tandy, Veronica Cartwright, Suzanne Pleshette, Ethel Griffies
The Birds is another Alfred Hitchcock classic. After Melanie heads from San Francisco to Bodega Bay, birds begin to attack the town.
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
- Runtime: 2h 2m | Starring: Jennifer Carpenter, Laura Linney, Campbell Scott, Tom Wilkinson, Colm Feore, Shohreh Aghdashloo
While there are plenty of exorcism movies around, this one is a little different as it focuses on an agnostic lawyer who is defending a Roman Catholic priest accused of negligent homicide during the exorcism of a college student.
The Innkeepers (2011)
- Runtime: 1h 41m | Starring: Sara Paxton, Pat Healy. Kelly McGillis, Alison Bartlett
Written and directed by Ti West, The Innkeepers tells the story of two employees who decide to investigate stories of hauntings and ghosts in their workplace, The Yankee Pedlar Inn.
The Mist (2007)
- Runtime: 2h 6m | Starring: Thomas Jane, Laurie Holden, Marcia Gay Hardenm Jeffrey DeMunn, Alexa Davalos, Melissa McBride, Toby Jones
Based on the novella by Stephen King, a thick fog rolls in the town and the residents find they are facing more than a fog while trapped inside a grocery store.
The Thing (1982)
- Runtime: 1h 49m | Starring: Kurt Russell, Keith David, Wilford Brimley, T. K. Carter, Richard Masur, David Clennon
John Carpenter’s The Thing focuses on a group of research scientists in a remote Antarctic outpost who find they are dealing with an enemy that looks a little too familiar.
The Wailing (2016)
- Runtime: 2h 36m | Starring: Chun Woo-Hee, Jun Kunimura, Kwak Do-won, Hwang Jung-min, Kim Hwan-hee, Jang So-yeon
When illnesses and deaths start to occur in a South Korea town, the villagers struggle to understand what’s going on. Are they the result of a stranger who recently arrived in town?
- Runtime: 1h 39m | Starring: Melissa George, Michael Dorman, Liam Hemsworth, Henry Nixon, Rachael Carpani
Triangle is one of those movies that might have passed you by, but we think it is worth checking out. After encountering strange weather conditions, five friends are forced to jump from their yacht to a nearby ship, but not everything on board the ship is quite as it seems.
- Runtime: 1h 56m | Starring: Lupita Nyong’o, Winston Duke, Elisabeth Moss
Sometimes it’s good to just get away, but this getaway turns into something else when four masked strangers turn up at a family’s beachfront home.
- Runtime: 1h 39m | Starring: Helen Mirren, Jason Clarke, Finn Scicluna-O’Prey, Sarah Snook
Firearm heiress Sarah Winchester built an unbelievable house, but after various disappearances and deaths over the years, a visiting doctor attempts to find out what’s going on.
Bonus horror movies to watch on Peacock
If none of our picks appeal to you, then here are an additional 30 horror movies that you can stream on Peacock right now.
- 1BR (2019)
- Better Watch Out (2016)
- Shaun of the Dead (2004)
- The Last Exorcism (2010)
- The Faculty (1998)
- Candyman (1992)
- Chopping Mall (1986)
- Dawn of the Dead (2004)
- Ginger Snaps (2000)
- Halloween II (181)
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
- Happy Death Day 2U (2019)
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997)
- Intruders (2011)
- The Lazarus Effect (2015)
- Maniac Cop (1988)
- Open 24 Hours (2018)
- The People Under the Stairs (1991)
- Phantasm (1979)
- The Possession (2012)
- Saw (2004)
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)
- Severance (2006)
- Sleepaway Camp (1983)
- Terrifier (2016)
- Train to Busan (2016)
- V/H/S (2012)
- The Void (2016)
- Wish Upon (2017)
- You Should Have Left (2020)
If you’re totally new to Peacock, there are two main subscriptions to choose from. The standard Peacock Premium plan costs $5.99 a month and is an ad-supported plan. The $11.99 a month Premium Plus plan removes the ads and unlocks access to a subscriber’s local NBC channel.
|$5.99/$11.99 a month|
80,000+ hours on demand
Black Friday: $1.99/month